Emanations from Rev. Bob's rectory
- "Television knows no night. It is perpetual day. TV embodies our fear of the dark, of night, of the other side of things."~Jean Baudrillard 2012-09-07
- I <3 Barney! Barney Frank Likens Gay Republicans To Uncle Toms | TPM2012 - http://t.co/TfKAXPE6 2012-09-06
- "We should tackle reality in a slightly jokey way, otherwise we miss its point."~Lawrence Durrell via http://t.co/4nmlehHN 2012-09-06
- RIP Joe South- http://t.co/dTuemS72 - http://t.co/e5TQyfg4 2012-09-06
- I intend to vote in the way that is the most effective in bringing about the destruction of conservatism. Now explain to me why you won't. 2012-09-06
- Moms, want to know why your kids are hungry?'Epicenter of missile defense' growing on Redstone Arsenal - http://t.co/f3GQlpM7 2012-09-06
- A home run by a stunning lady - Transcript: Michelle Obama's Convention Speech : NPR - http://t.co/zI5Rocuj 2012-09-05
- A Buddhist walks up to a hot dog stand and says Make me one Chicago style, extra mustard. 2012-09-05
- "Romney calls immigrant children illegals. Obama calls them DREAMers. That tells me everything I need to know." -David Simas 2012-09-04
- People who say "on a daily basis" instead of "every day" must die. Where's my disemboweling kit? 2012-09-04
- More updates...
Powered by Twitter Tools
It was slaveholder secessionists who first swiped the Boston Tea Party meme to promote their conservative cause.
On Nov. 8, 1860, the secessionists who published The Charleston Mercury greeted the news of Abraham Lincoln’s election as president with righteous defiance: “The tea has been thrown overboard, the revolution of 1860 has been initiated.” ~ DISUNION – Opinionator Blog – NYTimes.com
Anybody surprised? h/t to Tim F on Balloon Juice
White supremacists in the Tea Party? Don’t be silly. Of course not.
I especially like the comments on the site: “White power!” etc and people saying, “Shhh, don’t let on!”
The right-wing blogosphere is all up in arms about how Rachel Maddow attacked Les Phillip.
The facts are that she did something far worse than that. She made fun of him.
Stupid people are best advised not to attract the attention of smart people.
I don’t get it about the Tea Party movement. After eight years of of a super right wing administration destroying jobs and what social safety net there was, “the people” have suddenly decided: “Now that I’m
unemployed, I think I’ll form a grassroots movement to destroy my health care too.” – Joe Bageant.
Go click that link and read it. Bageant nails it. This stinks. Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss.
Huge h/t to Jodda Mitchell.
[I]f there is one thing [Ayn] Rand’s life shows, it is the power, and peril, of unjustified self-esteem.- Adam Kirsch
And don’t forget the humor!
Republicans, conservatives, teabaggers, bouncing Limbaughs, bawling Becks, oh-so-serious Foxies, outraged GOP politicians, preachers, anything-phobes, and think tanker conservatives for hire are the funniest clowns in America.
When they say hateful, angry shit, that just makes them creepy clowns. They’re still clowns.
The real miracle of Bush’s Lost Decade isn’t the damage they did. It’s how quickly we got it going in the right direction after we got rid of them. They gave us death, destruction, and misery, but not enough to change the country. In the long run, the conservative movement has had less impact on the world than Balloon Boy.
“Unjustified self-esteem.” Indeed.
Sarah Palin and the teabaggers are just saying things. They don’t have any consistency, logic, or even meaning. They’re just noises.
They’re hollow like balloons. All we need to do is care. And be pins.
“Socialism” is the new “Hitler”
Calling somebody or something “socialism” or “socialist” is a sure sign you’ve caught bat shit fever.