Emanations from Rev. Bob's rectory
- "Television knows no night. It is perpetual day. TV embodies our fear of the dark, of night, of the other side of things."~Jean Baudrillard 2012-09-07
- I <3 Barney! Barney Frank Likens Gay Republicans To Uncle Toms | TPM2012 - http://t.co/TfKAXPE6 2012-09-06
- "We should tackle reality in a slightly jokey way, otherwise we miss its point."~Lawrence Durrell via http://t.co/4nmlehHN 2012-09-06
- RIP Joe South- http://t.co/dTuemS72 - http://t.co/e5TQyfg4 2012-09-06
- I intend to vote in the way that is the most effective in bringing about the destruction of conservatism. Now explain to me why you won't. 2012-09-06
- Moms, want to know why your kids are hungry?'Epicenter of missile defense' growing on Redstone Arsenal - http://t.co/f3GQlpM7 2012-09-06
- A home run by a stunning lady - Transcript: Michelle Obama's Convention Speech : NPR - http://t.co/zI5Rocuj 2012-09-05
- A Buddhist walks up to a hot dog stand and says Make me one Chicago style, extra mustard. 2012-09-05
- "Romney calls immigrant children illegals. Obama calls them DREAMers. That tells me everything I need to know." -David Simas 2012-09-04
- People who say "on a daily basis" instead of "every day" must die. Where's my disemboweling kit? 2012-09-04
- More updates...
Powered by Twitter Tools
It’s not the burglary, it’s the coverup.
Sorry for being so slow on the uptake. Check any of the blogs in the blogroll
Your guy was nailed to a bunch of wood. Our guy has a hammer. Do the math.
And a followup to yesterday’s post: if you think Jon Stewart, Stephen Colbert, and Keith Olbermann will be out of material once Bush slithers off into the sunset, fear not.
Io Saturnalia! Merry Christmas! Happy Chanukah! Happy Kaanzaa!! God Jul! Happy Solstice!
Or for those who don’t need an excuse to have fun, salve!
Religious extremist and anti-gay rights activist Rick Warren is scheduled to give the invocation at the Inaugural. You can read about it practically anywhere on the net. Here’s a good place to start.
RICK WARREN, PASTOR, SADDLEBACK CHURCH: I’m opposed to having a brother and sister be together and call that marriage. I’m opposed to older guy marrying a child and calling that a marriage. I’m opposed to one guy having multiple wives and calling that marriage.
UNIDENTIFIED MALE: You think those are equivalent to gays getting married?
WARREN: I do
Warren’s participation in this inauguration is unacceptable. I’ve written to Executive director Emmett Beliveau of the Presidential Inaugural Committee: email@example.com and sent a message at http://change.gov/page/content/contact/.
I’ll be keeping an eye open for other places where we have a chance to be effective. I say we start the pressure now and keep it up until we win.
We do not validate bigotry. We do not compromise with evil. We do not settle for gradual progress. We do not ask former Senator Obama politely. We demand that he take Warren off the program.
People are saying they’ll turn their backs on Rick Warren in protest. If Warren is present at the Inaugural in any capacity, I’m turning my back on Barack Obama. He can say whatever he wants in his inaugural address. I won’t be listening.
And we start again and keep it up until we win. When do we win? When Don’t Ask Don’t Tell is repealed, when the Defense of Marriage Act is repealed, when a fully inclusive Employment Non Discrimination Act is signed into law. When marriage equality is the law all across the country and countries that don’t support full equality are treated as pariahs.
Do we look like people who are going to give up?